WANT BRIGHT IDEAS TO REDUCE LIGHTING COSTS?
Follow these tips and save.
- Turn off lights you’re not using.
- Maximize the use of natural light in your home.
- Adjust lighting levels for different uses and times of day.
- Switch to LED holiday lights.
- Use ENERGY STAR® lamps and fixtures.
- Install lighting controls such as dimmers, timers, motion sensors and photocells.
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with ENERGY STAR certified Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs.
- When you replace just five incandescent bulbs with CFLs, you can save $200 or more over the life of the bulbs.
- For help choosing just the right CFL, check out the ENERGY STAR Buyer’s Guide.
- Consider LEDs for directional lighting, spotlighting, track lighting and dimming applications.
- LEDs last up to 25 times as long as many incandescent bulbs. That’s 25,000 hours or more!
- Use LED lighting for outdoor security and decoration. LEDs are a durable choice for outdoor use.
- Look for ENERGY STAR products.
See how much you can save by making the switch to CFLs.
Click here to check out PSO’s handy lighting calculator.
Get started by understanding how your home uses energy. Explore PSO’s My Energy Advisor tool to track your usage, set goals to reduce monthly bills and find rebates to help you save even more.