TIP THE SCALES IN YOUR FAVOR
Use our energy-saving tips and tools to save money.
Along with rebates, simple energy-saving actions can help you cut energy costs during the fall. Learn how to conserve energy and make your home more energy-efficient.
Seasonal Tips – Fall
- Take advantage of heat from the sun. Open curtains on south-facing windows during the day.
- Adjust the temperature when you’re home and awake. Set your thermostat as low as you can while staying comfortable.
- Find and seal leaks around doors, windows and pipes.
- Maintain your heating system by scheduling service and changing the filter monthly or as needed.
- Reduce heat loss from the fireplace by keeping your damper closed unless a fire is burning.
- Lower your water heating costs by turning down the temperature to the warm setting (120°F).
Buy or Build an Energy-Efficient New Home
Looking to buy or build a new home? Make it a PSO-certified or ENERGY STAR® certified new home. It’s more durable, more comfortable and energy-efficient from the ground up. Check out these energy-conscious homebuilders.
Helpful Purchasing Information
ENERGY STAR offers detailed product information to help you make smarter purchasing decisions. Explore their tips for finding the service provider that’s right for your job and how to work with them effectively.