TIP THE SCALES IN YOUR FAVOR
Use our energy-saving tips and tools to save money.
Along with rebates, simple energy saving actions can help you improve efficiency. Learn how to conserve energy and make your home more energy-efficient.
Seasonal Tips – Spring
- Plant shade trees around your home to help block the sun’s heat.
- Clean your refrigerator’s condenser coils to help the motor run efficiently.
- Change the direction of your ceiling fan.
- If you have a sliding glass door, keep the tracks clean to maintain the door’s seal and minimize air leakage from your home.
- Install a programmable thermostat to be ready for summer cooling.
- Use sunlight to your advantage. Choose window treatments that allow natural light in and helps block the sun’s heat.
- Replace your A/C filters and hire a professional to get your unit ready for summer.
Buy or Build an Energy-Efficient New Home
Looking to buy or build a new home? Make it a PSO-certified or ENERGY STAR® certified new home. It’s more durable, more comfortable and energy-efficient from the ground up. Check out these energy-conscious homebuilders.
Helpful Purchasing Information
ENERGY STAR offers detailed product information to help you make smarter purchasing decisions. Explore their tips for finding the service provider that’s right for your job and how to work with them effectively.