Lighten your load.
Get instant savings when you
upgrade to efficient CFLs and LEDs.
There's nothing like the glow of warm lights at night to make you feel cozy and at home. Choosing just the right lights creates a warm, inviting atmosphere. And when you upgrade to ENERGY STAR® certified lighting, the savings are simply brilliant.
Click here for a little help finding just the right CFL for you.
Get the lowdown on low-cost lighting:
- LED bulbs generally cost more than CFLs and incandescent bulbs, but their durability helps offset upfront costs.
- LEDs last up to 25,000 hours or about 25 times as long as many incandescent bulbs.
- LED bulbs are perfect for directional lighting, spotlighting, track lighting and dimming applications.
- Each CFL saves about $6 a year in electricity costs and more than $40 over its lifetime.
- CFLs meet strict performance requirements that are tested and certified by ENERGY STAR.
- CFLs produce 75% less heat, so they’re safer to operate and reduce cooling costs.
- CFLs last up to six times longer than incandescent bulbs and use 75% less energy.
- Replace five light bulbs with energy-saving CFLs and save up to $200 or more over the lifetime of the bulbs.