WANT TO CUT DATA CENTER COSTS?
We have the protocol for efficiency.
Data centers are among the most energy-intensive businesses in the United States. Typical power consumption can reach up to 40 times that of comparable commercial spaces. To help control heat gain and reduce operating costs, PSO has tools, rebates and resources at your disposal, including:
- Prescribed incentives. Earn incentives for specific measures including lighting, HVAC upgrades, occupancy sensors and more.
- Custom rebates. Work directly with PSO to identify energy-saving opportunities and earn efficiency incentives designed just for you.
- Technical assistance. PSO offers engineering services to help you identify, evaluate and implement energy-efficient opportunities at your facility.
As you search for ways to trim operating costs, here are some additional measures to consider:
- Download the DC Pro Online Suite. Developed by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), it helps to identify patterns of energy use and suggests improvements to cut consumption.
- Utilize power management software. Activating the pre-installed power management software on your servers can cut energy consumption by 30 percent or more.
- Remove redundant or unused equipment. Scour your facilities for unused servers. Shut them off for 60 to 90 days, and if there are no complaints, remove them from the system. Eliminating unused servers can significantly reduce your electrical load.
To learn about additional incentives offered by PSO, click here to visit the business rebates page.
Or call 1.888.776.1366 to speak with a PSO representative today.