- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup of water (to make simple syrup)
- 1 cup lemon juice (4-6 lemons)
- 2-3 cups of water (to dilute)
- To make a simple syrup, combine 1 cup of sugar with 1 cup of water in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Stir until sugar dissolves completely and remove from heat.
- As the syrup simmers, juice your lemons until you’ve yielded a cup’s worth.
- Pour the juice and the simple syrup sugar water into a serving pitcher. Add 2-3 cups of cold water and taste. TIP: If it’s too intense, add more water. If it’s too sweet, add more lemon juice
- Refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes then serve over ice with sliced lemons.