- Replace your standard light bulbs with ENERGY STAR certified LEDs. They use less power (watts) and come in a variety of colors. Use this easy guide to help you choose the right bulb for your fixture and don’t forget to take advantage of our in-store discounts on select models.
- Upgrade to a programmable thermostat. Programmable thermostats adjust the temperature automatically based on the schedule you set and you could reduce your heating and cooling costs by an average of $100 a year. We’ll even help you with the cost of the thermostat.
- Wash clothes in cold water. Most of the energy used by washing machines is from the hot water used and the energy used to heat it. By washing clothes with colder water, you can get them just as clean at a fraction of the cost.
- Use an advanced power strip. Did you know that electronic devices use electricity even when they’re turned off? Plug energy-draining appliances (like audio and video equipment) into an advanced power strip and switch it off when not in use. Want to try one out? Just request one while supplies last.
- Buy ENERGY STAR® Products. Looking to upgrade your appliances? Look for the ENERGY STAR label. ENERGY STAR appliances will save you energy and money all year long.
Click here for more energy-savings tips you can use throughout the year.